Everytime you open a hyperlink on Google Chrome, it routinely redirects you to a linked app in case your telephone has that app. Generally it even redirects that hyperlink to Play Retailer so to set up that app. However for those who don’t wish to open some hyperlink within the app in your telephone, you simply wish to test it on Chrome itself, then this function is a bother for you. This particularly occurs with the apps like YouTube, Fb, and so forth. Don’t fear, in our right this moment’s information, I’m going to let you know how you can cease Google Chrome from opening apps on Android.
Additionally, learn | 2 Methods to Cease Chrome From Asking to ‘Save password’ on Web sites
Cease Google from Opening Apps on Android
You’ll be able to disable the function in your Settings on Android and there are two methods to take action. Comply with this step-by-step information to turn-off this function in order that no extra hyperlinks shall be opened within the apps.
1. Disable On the spot Apps
On the spot Apps function on Android permits you to use apps with out putting in them. So whenever you faucet on a hyperlink in Chrome, it both opens an immediate app or the true app put in in your telephone. Right here’s how you can disable this:
- Open Settings and go to Apps & notifications and choose Default apps beneath Superior. On some telephones, you can find this beneath App Administration.
- Once you discover Default apps, faucet on Opening hyperlinks on that web page.
- You’ll then see On the spot apps on the following web page, flip off the toggle subsequent to it.
You may as well change “On the spot Apps preferences” from there. Once you disable the toggle subsequent to “Improve net hyperlinks”, the browsers in your telephone won’t open hyperlinks in apps. You could find this setting in Google Play Retailer as nicely.
Open Play Retailer, faucet the left sidebar, and choose Settings. Search for Google Play On the spot and switch off the toggle subsequent to “Improve net hyperlinks” and that’s it.
2. Don’t Enable Apps to Open Hyperlinks
The following technique to cease Google Chrome from opening apps on Android is to vary each app’s setting and don’t enable it to open supported hyperlinks. This may be modified in app settings and you will have to do it individually for all of the apps.
- Go to Settings > Apps and search for Default apps wherever they’re in your telephone.
- Once more faucet on Opening hyperlinks and beneath Put in apps, search for an app for which you wish to change the setting. Faucet on the app.
- On the following web page, faucet Open supported hyperlinks and it’ll present you three options- “Enable app to open supported hyperlinks, All the time Ask, Don’t enable app” to open hyperlinks.
- You must choose ‘Don’t enable the app to open hyperlinks’ to cease it from opening each time.
- Restart the telephone, and that’s it.
Chrome will now open that app’s hyperlinks within the browser itself. Furthermore, if you choose All the time Ask, your telephone will ask each time whether or not it ought to open the hyperlink in an app or not. Equally, you possibly can change the habits of different apps for the way they open hyperlinks.
These have been some methods to cease Google Chrome from opening apps in your Android. If Chrome nonetheless opens apps in your telephone, it’s best to attempt doing app preferences reset, and restart the telephone. You may as well attempt opening hyperlinks in incognito mode if nothing works.
We hope it is possible for you to to open the hyperlinks in Chrome with the assistance of those strategies. For extra such tech ideas, keep tuned!
You may as well observe us for fast tech information at Google Information or for ideas and tips, smartphones & devices critiques, be part of GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the most recent evaluation movies subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Some Different Helpful Suggestions and Methods For You