With iOS 14, Apple launched the much-awaited picture-in-picture mode on iPhones. With the brand new potential to play movies within the PiP, customers may now decrease movies to play them in a floating window. Nonetheless, a number of folks have complained that the Image in Image isn’t working for YouTube on their iPhone. Due to this fact, we’re right here with an in depth information on how one can repair YouTube Image in Image (PiP) not engaged on iOS 14.
Associated | Document Video Whereas Taking part in Music on iPhone Operating iOS 14
YouTube Image in Image Not Engaged on iOS 14? Right here’s How you can Repair
Whereas the YouTube app on iOS didn’t help picture-in-picture mode, it was very a lot doable to observe movies in a floating window by the cell website on Safari browser. Nonetheless, quickly YouTube patched it up, forcing customers to purchase the premium for the PiP to work on their iPhones.
The very subsequent doable workaround was to make use of YouTube in desktop mode in Safari. Nonetheless, that too doesn’t appear to be working anymore. So, how will we use YouTube in PiP on iPhones? Listed here are some fast working strategies to repair YouTube Image in Image not engaged on iOS 14.
Technique 1- YouTube Premium
The primary resolution is to get the YouTube Premium subscription. YouTube doesn’t appear to be blocking picture-in-picture for premium customers. So, when you have a subscription, you possibly can watch movies in a floating video by Safari with none points.
Associated | Use Image-in-Image with YouTube on iOS 14 (with out Premium)
Technique 2- Utilizing PiP Shortcut (Works with YouTube App)
The simplest approach to get the image within the image working for YouTube in your iPhone is thru the customized YouTube PiP shortcut. For this, we’ll want the Scriptable and Shortcuts app.
Enable Unknown Shortcuts
- Open Settings in your iPhone.
- Scroll down and choose Shortcuts.
- Right here, allow the toggle for Enable Unknown Shortcuts.
- Is it greyed out? Open the Shortcuts app and set up any shortcut.
- Then return to the Shortcuts in Settings and allow the toggle.
Set up Sriptable & YouTube PiP Shortcut
- Set up the Scriptable app from App Retailer.
- Then, open the YouTube PiP Shortcut hyperlink in your iPhone.
- Right here, click on on Get Shortcut.
- When you’re redirected to the Shortcuts app, scroll right down to the underside.
- Then, click on on Add Untrusted Shortcut.
Play YouTube in PiP on iPhone
- Now, open the YouTube app and play a video.
- Click on the Share button after which choose Extra.
- Click on on YouTube PiP from the out there choices.
- Then, faucet OK when prompted- it’s a one-time factor.
When you faucet it, the YouTube video will begin taking part in in a floating picture-in-picture mode on iOS 14. Right here, you’ll even have the choice to vary the video playback velocity and determination within the mini-player.
As a substitute of clicking shut, make sure that to faucet the Dwelling button or swipe as much as go to the iPhone residence display screen to proceed with the PiP mode. You’ll be able to drag the mini-player window anyplace you need, use search shortcuts, play, and pause the video as standard.
The shortcut will work for both- the YouTube app and YouTube cell website within the browser. To make use of PiP with YouTube movies taking part in in Safari or every other browser, click on the Share button and choose YouTube PiP.
Technique 3- Stadium Browser
- Set up Stadium Full-Display Browser from App Retailer.
- As quickly as you open the app, you’ll be requested to tweak the Web page Settings.
- Right here paste “https://m.youtube.com” within the Main URL field.
- Then, copy and paste “Mozilla/5.0 (Android 4.4; Cell; rv:41.0) Gecko/41.0 Firefox/41.0:” within the Person Agent String field.
- Then, scroll down and ensure Require Full-Display Video is enabled.
- Click on on Executed on the top-right nook.
- The browser will now robotically open YouTube cell website.
- Play a YouTube video, make it fullscreen.
- Then, click on on the Image in Image button.
That’s it. Now you can watch any YouTube video you need in picture-in-picture mode whereas utilizing different apps concurrently. All of it with out having to buy YouTube premium or jailbreaking your gadget.
Image in Image Nonetheless Not Engaged on Your iPhone?
In the event you’re nonetheless dealing with points with utilizing PiP mode in your iPhone, test whether or not it’s enabled in Settings. To take action, open your iPhone Settings. Then, click on on Normal and choose Image in Image. Right here, activate the toggle for Begin PiP Mechanically if disabled.
These had been some easy strategies to repair YouTube Image in Image not engaged on iOS 14. I hope that you just’re now capable of watch YouTube movies in PiP mode in your iPhone. All three strategies are examined and dealing for the time being. Do let me know which one’s your favourite within the feedback beneath. Keep tuned for extra such articles.
Additionally, read- iOS 14 App Library: 10 Ideas, Tips, and Hidden Options
You can even observe us for fast tech information at Google Information or for suggestions and tips, smartphones & devices critiques, be a part of GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the most recent overview movies subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.
Some Different Helpful Ideas and Tips For You